For qualitative researchers, we are the leading academic mentoring service uniquely focused on holistic human development while aligning scholars congruently with their personal and professional goals.
If you believe that your work should be purpose-driven, dialed in, make space for those who come after you, while you feel fulfilled, energized, with expanded capacity to do justice oriented work, then S2S mentoring could be for you.
The program is divided into 3 parts, Foundation, Retreat and Support. You can sign up for the Foundation part of the program anytime and join the Retreat and Support portion of the program according to the dates listed below. Or you can join the whole program that includes Foundation, Retreat, and Support.
Who do we serve?
Scholars at any stage of their academic or academic-adjacent paths.
A 4-5 month program that is divided into three parts:
- Foundation work (join anytime, lifetime access to all upgrades)
- Virtual Weekend Retreat (2 days)
- Post-retreat support (biweekly 10 weeks)
Currently, enrollment is open for Summer and Fall retreat and biweekly support. To apply for the program, complete the MAP assessment form.
Part 1: S2S Foundation
The foundation program focuses on understanding your positionality in academia, crafting purpose-driven inquiry, research and writing agenda, responding to critical reviews, avoiding burnout and fatigue, and neutralizing detrimental narratives.
In this program you will learn how to work from a place of inspiration, joy, balance, and harmony instead of the normalized hustle and grind.
- Orientation and anchoring in self-investment
- Changing internalized detrimental narratives in favor of agentic ones
- Understanding, neutralizing, and working with issues of stuckness, impostor syndrome, writing blocks, etc.
- Building healthy boundaries
- Deepening the "Why" of your work
- Tracing critical milestones to understand academic positionality
- Crafting a customized, wholeness-centered, culturally situated, purpose-driven framework for your research, writing, and professional agenda (M.A.P.)
- Enhancing your skills in qualitative research and academic writing
- Responding to criticism of your work without draining your internal resources
- Developing justification strategies for your critical, creative, de/colonial qualitative research
Part 2: S2S Retreat and Community Support
Two-day Virtual Retreat
We help you create a 5-year plan that is aligned with your purpose, passion, and strength for your academic and professional work.
We identify an aligned project that you can start immediate for the next 10 weeks. This project can be book proposal, book chapter, journal article, tenure and promotion narrative or something else. It will be a customized project that meets your need for skill enhancement in an area of your choice.
Biweekly Community Support
You will receive customized deep feedback and held in care as you carve your path ahead.
During the live meetings, we would touch base, learn, and grow together.
The first meeting will be a wholeness-centered wellness assessment. The second and the third 1-1 meeting with the wellness coach will be customized to your needs and preferences.
Wellness coaching is not therapy and you are not mandated to use this service. However, wellness is critical to manage multiple stressors and challenges in academia that have implications on physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Summer Virtual Retreat - June 17th and 18th 10am-5pm EST
Biweekly meeting for 10 weeks starts on June 24th, 2022
Fridays 2-4 pm EST (biweekly)
Fall Virtual Retreat October 7th, 8th 10am-5pm EST
Biweekly meeting for 10 weeks starts on October 14th, 2022
Fridays 2-4 pm EST (biweekly)
The price is lower than existing mentoring programs that do not offer the level of high touch and support this program offers. Also, this price is meant to reduce your other costs of living with your academic stressors and misalignments. Thus, the price is far less than the ongoing costs (health issues, stress issues, mental health issues, fatigue and burnout issues) that easily create multiple expensive problems and draining of your financial and other resources that cannot even be priced.
- What is the price of emotional burden, health consequences, and the toll on your confidence that comes from working all the time for very little return
- What you have to consider is what are you paying to not have the clarity of a fully dialed-in purpose?
- What is the cost of self fragmentation and silencing that you have felt forced to normalize?
S2S Foundation Program
S2S Retreat and Support
S2S Full Program Bundle
What are the dates and times of the program?
What will I exactly learn in this program?
What is a wellness coach? Do I have to meet with them?
Can anyone be part of the program?
Questions? Need to Know More?
Contact me, Dr. Kakali Bhattacharya, to apply or if you have more questions. If I have already sent you the application questions, then apply right away because spots go fast and I have a waiting list of over 300 people. Fit is really important to me, and I try to ensure that those I serve will benefit the most from me, so that everyone stays deeply purpose-driven with their work.
If you want to be the first to know when I offer new services, get on the mailing list by clicking the button below. I always mail to my First-to-Know people and my programs fill up quickly from that list, preventing those who are not on the list to join or even learn when enrollment in full.